Terms and Conditions of Hire
In these Terms and Conditions the following expressions shall have the following meaning:
“Booking Form” means the form completed by the Hirer on Copperdollar Studio’s website, which for the avoidance of doubt forms part of the agreement between Copperdollar Studios and the Hirer.
“Hire Date” means the dates for hire agreed between Copperdollar Studios and the Hirer
“Hirer” means the person(s) named on the Booking Form
“Hire Fee” means the fee agreed between Copperdollar Studios and the Hirer, which may be subject to change on reasonable notice by Copperdollar Studios
“Hired Space” means the part of the Premises used by the Hirer as specified in the Booking Form
“Hire Period” means the agreed period of hire in accordance with the Booking Form
“Premises” means 22 Montague Street, Brighton, BN2 1JX and which includes the Hired Space
A week constitutes Monday to Friday any booking that requires the weekend will have to pay an addition cost to reserve or use the space.
A day rate equals 8 hours, any time used over the agreed hours will be charged at the rate of the initial booking.
- All requests for Hired Space at Copperdollar Studios must be made in writing on the prescribed Booking Form located on the website. Once a booking is accepted and confirmed by Copperdollar Studios the Booking Form and these Conditions of Hire constitute the agreement between the parties.
- On receipt of the Booking Form, Copperdollar Studios will review the booking and, if the requested space is available on the date required, Copperdollar Studios will notify the Hirer of the provisional acceptance of the booking. At this time Copperdollar Studios will supply the account details for the payments required in accordance with clause 2 below.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that these conditions are adhered to by all persons making use of the Hired Space under the terms of hire.
- The maximum length of booking at any one time is 3 weeks, unless agreed otherwise at the discretion of Copperdollar studios.
- Bookings for less than one week must be booked no later than 7 days prior to the Hire Date, unless agreed otherwise at the discretion of Copperdollar Studios.
- Additional viewings or early access to the Hired Space may incur an additional fee at the discretion of Copperdollar Studios. Please contact Copperdollar Studios for further information.
- When the booking is provisionally accepted by Copperdollar Studios the Hirer must pay a non refundable deposit of 25% of the total Hire Fee for the booking to be confirmed.
- The balance of the Hire Fee must be paid by the Hirer in cleared funds at least 21 days in advance of the Hire Date.
- Full fee is required for any bookings less then a week in lengh.
- The Hirer must also pay a returnable damage deposit of £100 in cash on arrival on the Hire Date.
- The damage deposit will be refunded to the Hirer on the return of the keys at the end of the Hire Period, less the amount of any unpaid Hire Fee and any compensation for damage caused to the Premises or Hired Space or due to any breach of any of these conditions on the part of the Hirer or any or all persons making use of the Premises under the terms of hire.
- Further charges may be levied at the discretion of Copperdollar Studios if additional costs are incurred by the hiring of the Hired Space.
- All keys must be promptly returned at the end of the Hire Period to Copperdollar Studios. A charge of £15 per key will be deducted from the deposit if not returned.
- If a Hirer wishes to cancel their booking, they must give prior written notice to Copperdollar Studios-
- If a Hirer cancels their booking within 14 days of the Hire Date, 50% of the Hire Fee will be retained by Copperdollar Studios. The balance of the Hire Fee will be returned to the Hirer within 30 days of the end of the Hire Period.
- If a Hirer cancels their booking within 7 days of the Hire Date, the full Hire Fee will be retained by Copperdollar Studios. This includes bookings for less than one week, booked no later than 7 days prior to the Hire Date.
- If a Hirer wishes to cancel their booking then Copperdollar Studios will look to re-arrange the booking but this will be dependant on availability and no guarantee is given that the Hirer’s requirements can be met.
- Copperdollar Studios may suspend or cancel any hiring of Hired Space without stating the reason for so doing. If a booking is cancelled by Copperdollar Studios, the amount of any paid Hire Fee will be refunded to the Hirer. Copperdollar Studios will not be liable or responsible for any loss incurred by the Hirer as a result of any cancellation or suspension.
- The Hirer must use only the Hired Space throughout the Hire Period. If the Hirer needs to use other space in the Premises they shall make a request and pay such additional fees as Copperdollar Studios decide at their sole discretion.
- Access to and use of the Hired Space shall be strictly restricted to Hire Period confirmed in the Booking Form and the Hirer shall be liable to pay such additional fees as Copperdollar Studios may prescribe if the Hired Space is used outside of the agreed times.
- The Hirer must not remove any item from the Hired Space which it does not own at the end of the Hire Period.
- ENTRY TO BUILDING
If the Hirer is provided with an entry code or other piece of information as part of Copperdollar Studios’s security procedures the Hirer must treat such information as confidential and must not disclose the same to any third party.
- No bolts, nails, tacks pins or gaffer tape or any other like objects shall be driven into any part of the Premises nor shall any placards or other articles be affixed thereto without the prior agreement of Copperdollar Studios and at their sole discretion.
- Any exhibits used must be freestanding and not attached to any part of the Premises or any furnishings by any means without the prior agreement of Copperdollar Studios and at their sole discretion.
- The Hirer shall ensure that all scenery draperies used in the Premises and/or Hired Space are treated with fire-resisting solution so as not to constitute a fire risk.
- The Hired Space must be left clean and tidy at the end of the Hire Period. All rubbish should be placed in black bags and all bags placed in the large black bin located outside on the street. The Hirer must ensure that all lights are turned off and all doors and windows are properly secured. If the kitchen has been used by it must be left clean and tidy, with all crockery and cutlery cleaned, dried and put away, and all appliances switched off.
- Copperdollar Studios retains control, possession and management of the premises including the right to control the volume of live music and the Hirer has no right to exclude Copperdollar Studios from the premises.
- The Hirer must ensure that during the use of the Premises that no person smokes inside and guests use the outside smoking bin provided.
- The Hirer shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way or do anything or bring onto the premises anything that may endanger the Premises, their users, or any insurance policies relating thereto.
- The Hirer acknowledges that no tenancy is intended to be created between Copperdollar Studios and the Hirer and no relationship of landlord and tenant exists between them.
- Hirers may not make television, film or radio recordings or take photographs for commercial purposes anywhere on the Premises without the prior written approval of Copperdollar Studios which they are under no obligation to agree to. Video, Film, TV and Photography rates are available on request.
- Hirers shall not show films, videos or perform plays without the prior written approval of Copperdollar Studios and at their sole discretion.
- The Hirer shall not use the Hired Space for any purpose for which a licence is necessary (e.g. sale of alcohol) unless such a licence is in existence in respect of the Premises and has been prior approved by Copperdollar Studios
- The Hirer shall strictly observe the conditions of any licence granted in respect of the Premises and the Hirer shall be deemed to have notice of any condition attached thereto.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the observance of all regulations appertaining to the Premises stipulated by the City and County Licence Agreement, Licensing Justices & the Fire Authority.
- No copyright work shall be performed without the licence of the owner of the copyright and the payment of any appropriate fee.
- The Hirer shall indemnify Copperdollar Studios against any infringement of copyright that may occur during the hiring.
- PERSONAL SALES
The Hired Space shall not be used for the sale or display of goods and services, or for any public entertainment, without the prior written approval of Copperdollar Studios
- The Hirer is required to be insured against its legal liabilities to third parties, for both personal injury and property damage, including damage to the Premises. Such insurance should be effected with a reputable Insurance Company and have a limit of indemnity of at least £5,000,000 per incident. When so required the Hirer must furnish evidence that such insurance is in force and produce the Insurance Policy to Copperdollar Studios.
- The responsibility and liability lies with the Hirer for all equipment brought onto the Premises by the Hirer. The Hirer may be asked to submit a risk assessment at the discretion of Copperdollar Studios
- VUNERABLE ADULTS
It is the sole responsibility of the Hirer to ensure the protection of any vulnerable adults using the Premises.
- Copperdollar Studios accepts no responsibility for any children on the Premises. Any children permitted to enter the Premises in connection with the hire must be accompanied by a responsible chaperone.
- Where activities are provided for children, a Child Protection Policy must be in place and that Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks have been completed for all helpers.
- HEALTH & SAFETY
- The Hirer is responsible for the Health and Safety of all persons using the Hired Space. The Hirer must therefore ensure that the Hired Space and all access to and egress from it, is suitable and safe for the proposed use by the Hirer and its visitors.
- The Hirer must be aware of the fire evacuation procedure for the Hired Space, including identifying the fire doors and emergency means of escape from the Premises.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to record the persons present for the duration of the Hire Period, to ensure that all persons using the Hired Space for the Hire Period can be accounted for.
- STUDIO EQUIPMENT
The hire of Hired Space includes the use of the black out facilities, work benches, chairs and cushions, all of which must remain in the Hired Space at the end of the Hire Period. If any equipment is damaged then the Hirer must immediately report it to Copperdollar Studios.
- ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that all electrical equipment brought onto the Premises meets the current statutory safety standards.
- HIRED EQUIPMENT
Equipment, if available, may be hired from Copperdollar Studios for an additional fee – please contact Copperdollar Studios direct for further information.
- The Hirer shall be liable for any damage howsoever and by whomever caused to the Premises arising out of the hire. Any damage caused shall be immediately reported to Copperdollar Studios.
- The Hirer shall be liable for and shall indemnify Copperdollar Studios against any expenses, liability, loss claim or proceedings whatsoever arising under statute or common law in respects of personal injury to or death of any person whomsoever or damage to any property real or personal arising directly or indirectly from the hire of the Hired Space.
- The Hirer, during the Hire Period, shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that no noise nuisance is created, respecting other users of the Premises and neighbouring properties.
- Copperdollar Studios will not under any circumstance accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage to or loss of any goods, articles or property of any kind brought into or left at the Premises by the Hirer or any person making use of the Premises under the terms of hire.
The Hirer shall not sub-let or assign the Hired Space or any part thereof. Should the Hirer do or attempt to so do the hire agreement shall be cancelled and all fees paid by the Hirer will be non-refundable, including the damage deposit.
- Any notice, demand or request by Copperdollar Studios to the Hirer shall be sent by email to the email address provided on the Booking Form, addressed to the Hirer, and shall be deemed to have been received on the day on which they were sent.
- Any notice or request by the Hirer to Copperdollar Studios shall be sent by email to the email address provided on the Booking Form, and shall be deemed to have been received on the second day after which they were sent.
14 April 2015